Day 949

As I walk today I came up on the Missouri river were it meets Francis Case lake which puts me about 140 miles from Sioux Falls. The wind has been brutal the last few days so I decided set up camp a little early and stay the night under the old Oacoma Bridge just out side the town of Chamberlain. The water flowing past was nice to watch and I drifted off to sleep. The dream must have been a result of my surroundings. I found myself on one of those camping trips we use to take on Boggs Creek in the north Georgia Mountains. The time was then but I was as I am today, but no one seemed to notice. This could have been an enjoyable dream, but I spent it trying to warn everyone of the future. No one believe me or paid any attention which made me even more frustrated until I found myself screaming “PLEASE BELIEVE ME, IT WILL HAPPEN, IT HAS HAPPEN”. I woke up with a start and heard my voice that was still echoing off the bridges under side. I hate dreams!

I’m going into Chamberlain in the morning to see if anyone is around, maybe pick up a few supplies. I still have not seen anyone, but there could be someone in town, and if so they maybe a little skittish, so I don’t want to surprise them. If it turns out to be a lot of people (which I doubt because I would have already heard them). Then I will move on and get back on the highway. I don’t want to push my luck and get cornered into having to defend myself. People are not trusting at all any more and you can’t blame them. But I have run into a few that are still, well human.

I made a decision that will maybe keep me from doing what I have done in the past to my writings. I am going to leave what I have written so far in one of my empty cans, bury it and place a rock on the top as kind of a time capsule. Kind of like throwing a bottle with a note in it out to sea. My little message in a bottle through time. I will leave my first one under this bridge in the morning. Who knows I may dig it up and read it over, when or if I’m ever through here again.

I don’t want to go back to sleep, I don’t want to dream………………


Go to day 952