Day 994

I have put myself behind with my stunt flying and leaving myself exposed to the elements more that I usely do. All I can do is pray that I make good enough time so I do not get caught up north in the winter time. My luck has held out once again and I dodge another bullet that should have taken me out. I know, you (my past self) have been thinking; “why was I making such a big deal about a mosquito bite” when in your day it is just an annoyance. Well here in the future a mosquito bite could be compared to a poisonous snake bite. But if you get bit by a snake you know the poison is the snake’s venom and you have a chance of treating it. But a mosquito can carry any number of virus or poisons that you may or may not survive. I think I sucked enough of the poison out that I did not get the full blown effect of what ever it was. But after three or four days of chills, fever and being semi-lucid, I am very weak. I just hope I can walk out the rest of the poison and get my strength back. It could have been the jump, Nile or even just yellow fever or any number of disease those little flying demons carry. That is why when I can’t find bug spray; I wear long pants, long sleeve shirts and gloves in the heat of the day and at night for sure. I guess I got bit when I was trying to get down out of the plane, at any rate it’s over and I’m back walking. At least there are not that many mosquito's left, it may be good for my chances of being bitten, but not so good for this world.

There is a reason for everything under heaven, a balance that must be maintained. But man could not be satisfied; he had to tip the scales of balance so it served his purpose. Maybe it’s time I tell you about the broken food chain, and why I (your future self) have to watch what I eat and where it comes from. You see before the darkness and the rfid we were struggling to recover from a chain of events set in place back in the early 70’s. When man started messing around with the building blocks of life and turning it around to fit his plans. They created and release of GMO’s into our world altered the state of living tissue and later the food chain. Like everything else it seemed like a good thing at the time, making certain animal tissue compatible for transplants and other useful things. Then we decided to alter plants to better serve our needs. It was all good even approved by the FDA and USDA. But it changed the balance put it place by One smarter than us. When man plays god he is playing on ground not meant for him.

Bugs, those tiny little annoying creatures we squash under our foot or swat with our hand, are part of the balance. Take the Bee for instance, the clumsiest flying thing God ever created, but with out them nothing could grow. They are responsible for pollen getting from here to there so the food chain continues. Don’t break the chain or weaken the links; but man did, because we can not leave well enough alone. Thinking we can improve nature, what an arrogant creature we are. Look to the bee’s for another sign in your time. Then they tried to change the mosquito so it would not carry any more diseases, but that did not turn out as planed.

When you start to modify something you better know what you’re doing, we did not. Transgenic organisms got into the food chain. They mutated, changed food and made people sick and the soil sick as well. Food of every kind became uneatable. Food stopped being caned after a certain date once they realized the source. What I would not give for fresh fruit, vegetables, and meat. I can still see the grocery stores of plenty with all the fresh produce lined up. We took it all for granted, completely for granted…… Fresh was not good enough we had to modify it so it had a longer shelf life or so it would grow faster or had its own built in pesticide and so on. The ground soon got where you could not plant anything else on it. The food chain was disrupted; it was another domino effect that went from plant to animal, until it was too late. We just had to play god!

I get so tired of can food, but it is all I can trust, as long as I watch the date. There are free range cows and chicken (because there is no one left to keep them in pens or behind fences) in certain areas that survived because they were not tagged. But you can not trust that thet're not infected. I can kill wild game and eat some wild vegetable, but I have to be careful. That is why I like staying with the Amish; they still have food that is transgenic free, as long as it has not been infected by neighboring farms. But they are few in numbers and I see them rarely. So I survive on the left over’s, from this empty world.

Beside fresh produce there is one more simple little thing I miss that I bet you would not even think about. Ice, if only I could have one more cool drink with ice in it before I leave this world. Someone told me of a man in old New York that had a generator hook up to an ice maker and was selling ice for a thousand dollars a cube. See; I told you about those fools that still think there is an economy and want to live under the old system of greed. I wonder how long before someone knock him in the head and took it from him. That is why I stay away from the bigger cities. Me, I took the hint, I live simple. I do not want to fight with a generator for a few hours of man made light from what little gas is left in those tanks in the ground. I’m happy just to survive and glad I can…..but I would like some ice……….


Go To Day 998